Custom Confirmation Page
Released this morning is a subtle feature allowing greater control over where visitors are sent after they confirm their subscription. Instead of being directed to the default success page indicating that a new subscriber has confirmed a customer can now specify a separate website URL to direct those visitors.
Use this custom page to:
- Indicate that a subscribers subscription has been completed.
- Keep your website branding consistent.
- Provide links to download PDF files or bonuses that new subscribers may have been offered.
- Include tracking software to measure overall conversions from Adwords or other types of marketing campaigns.
- Make a sales offer only available for new subscribers.
- Link to archived newsletter issues so subscribers can get a sneak peak at content they may have missed.
I’d love to hear about other uses of this custom confirmation page in the comments section below if you have any suggestions.
Setting up your custom confirmation page is easy:
- Create a new website page on your site including the items from above that you wish to use.
- Login to your AWeber account.
- Click on “List Settings -> Verified Opt-in” and scroll down to the area shown in the screenshot.
- Enter the URL for the website page you created in step 1.
- Subscribe to your list with a test email address and click the confirmation link in the email you receive to ensure that you have everything setup properly and are directed to your new page after confirming.
** Edited for grammar on 9/12/06 TK