Want to learn more? Join our weekly newsletter to get actionable content — to your inbox every Thursday.
What is email marketing?
Email marketing is the act of sending communications to customers/subscribers who have opted-in to receive commercial messages through email.
What is email marketing used for?
Email marketing is used for connecting with prospects and customers to create relationships, build trust, drive sales and web traffic and promote your business.
Related: Top 10 Benefits of Email Marketing
How do I do email marketing?
There are some key steps to take if you want to do email marketing for your business:
- Figure out your goals with email marketing.
- Find a reliable email service provider (ESP).
- Collect email addresses from subscribers to build your list.
- Create your first message.
- Look at the results.
Related: Email Marketing Best Practices Guide
Where in my marketing plan should I use email marketing?
Email marketing can be valuable during many steps of the customer journey, but engaging with subscribers generally comes after they are aware of your company and have engaged with your company. Email marketing can be used to:
- Convert prospects into paying customers
- Get customer excited about your product or service
- Encourage customers to purchase from you again and again
- Engage with advocates and help them drive further awareness for your company
Who should be included in my email marketing audience?
Your email marketing audience should, over time, become a mix of prospects, customers and advocates for your business. Target your ideal customers and target audiences to drive the right people into your email list.
What are the types of marketing emails?
There are 11 types of marketing emails:
- The confirmation email
- The welcome email and welcome series
- Cart abandonment email campaign
- Lead nurturing email campaign
- Promotional email
- Re-engagement email
- Transactional email
- Event email
- New content email
- Social media-awareness email
Why is email marketing helpful to grow a business?
Email marketing is one of the strongest digital marketing channels for a few reasons:
- It has one of the highest returns on investment (ROI) at nearly $42 for every dollar spent.
- It is one of the only marketing channels you fully own. Unlike social media, where you do not control the algorithm or who sees your posts, you own your email marketing list and have full control over your message.
- It lets you create highly personalized and targeted marketing campaigns. With email marketing, you can send the right message to the right people at the right time. This helps build valuable, trusting relationships, which is key to growing your business.
Grow your business with email marketing
Get Started with AWeber Free Today!