Video Marketing 101: Tips and Tricks from the Pros at WistiaFest
We don’t need to sell you on the power of using video in your digital marketing strategy. The proof is in the numbers:
- ⅓ of all online activity is spent watching videos
- 75% of people visit a marketer’s website after watching a video
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product online after watching a video
- Click-thru rates increase 2-3 times when video is included in an email
(Thanks, Digital Sherpa!)
So when we caught wind that our friends at Wistia were hosting their 2nd annual video marketing conference (the aptly named WistiaFest), we sent a few team members to Boston to scope out the latest in video marketing tips, tricks and trends. Aspiring video marketers, this is for you.
Ch-check it out:
More Actionable Tips
- Take a “platform-first” approach: Where is your content going to live? Be shared? These key questions can determine the best route for your video content.
- Embrace your limitations: Concepting is the fun part of the creative process, but you need to be honest with yourself, your time and your resources. (Do you really have the budget for laser beams and the rights to that Beyoncé song?) But hey, oftentimes the most creative ideas are sparked from roadblocks.
- Avoid feature FOMO: Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to include every product feature in your video. Keep it simple or risk overwhelming your audience.
Ready To Launch Your New Video?
Before you hit ‘Upload’, ask yourself these 7 questions* (c/o Phil Nottingham, Video Strategist at Distilled):
- Simple – Do I get it at first glance?
- Unexpected – Was I surprised and intrigued?
- Concrete – Is it “real”?
- Credible – Does it align with your brand effectively?
- Emotional – Does it make you feel something?
- Story – Is there a clear, beginning, middle and end?
- Shareable – Would I look good sharing this?
*Bonus points if you caught the acronym.
Hungry for more video tips? Check out our guide to shooting a great video and be sure to share with us your finished products. We love to see what our readers are doing!
If you have questions on integrating video into your marketing strategy, drop us a line in the comments or send us a Tweet. AWeber’s video team is standing by.