[Podcast] Episode 32: Redefining the Line Between Sales and Spam with John Bonini
By Tom Tate July 26, 2016
We talk with John Bonini at Litmus about conversion copywriting, redefining how consumers think about spam, and why ‘sales’ isn’t a dirty word.
Are you sending spam without even realizing it?
In a blog post written earlier this year, John explored the nuances of selling and spamming. Email marketing is evolving, and it’s crucial for marketers to reinforce the value they’re providing, while redefining traditional views on spam. John shares his take on how to be relevant, be human, and tactfully write to convert.
Check out the episode above, and you’ll hear about:
- How email marketers define spam vs. how consumers are defining spam
- Different ways to consider personalization
- Why NOT selling your solution is selfish
- How to source great marketing copy
- The importance of manual outreach
- And much more…
Here are a few links that were mentioned on the show:
- John Bonini
- John’s podcast, Louder Than Words
- To Sell Is Human by Daniel Pink
- Give And Take by Adam Grant
- Joanna Wiebe – Copy Hackers
We didn’t get to cover it, but here is a fantastic series of articles Litmus put out regarding Single v. Double Opt-in:
Have a question about email marketing? Leave us a message at aweber.com/podcast.