[Podcast] Episode 008: How do I convert subscribers into paying customers?
By Tom Tate February 2, 2016
Back again with another fresh episode of the Ask Me About Email Marketing podcast, the show where we’re talking about all things email marketing and no questions are off limits.
For today’s episode, we’re stepping into the world of Jay Moore, one of our email marketing experts who has been working at AWeber for 8 years! Jay has seen the industry evolve quite a bit over the past decade and is has plenty of knowledge to drop.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What major changes have impacted email marketing over the years.
- How to convert casual subscribers into loyal paying customers.
Listen to Jay’s response below:
Here are a few tips that Jay mentioned:
- Set solid expectations for subscribers. Let them know what types of messages you’ll be sending.
- People are more likely to invest in people and brands that they trust. Use email marketing as a way to establish a strong rapport with subscribers, and work to build trust before blindly pushing what you are selling.
- Subscribers are going to be asking, “What’s in it for me?” If your emails are not providing value, they’ll catch on.
- Not all subscribers are likely to convert from an email. Rather than drive subscribes directly to checkout, offer them other opportunities to learn more about your products and services. This could be done by directing subscribers to videos, live webinars, or more detailed content, like a guide.
Have a question about email marketing!
Want to be on the show? Here’s how you can participate:
- Use the widget below to record and send us a question about email marketing.
- We’ll select a question from the submission pool and track down one of our in-house email marketing experts to provide an answer.
- We’ll record their response, package it up with your question and release it as a new podcast episode each week. Plus, each episode will include bonus resources to help you level up your email marketing.
There are so many topics to explore in email marketing. So if you struggle with design, content, analytics or just getting started, leave us a message with a specific question and we’ll start answering!
A few notes on submitting:
- Introduce yourself, and your business/email marketing venture. Please don’t share any spammy URLs.
- Keep your question brief. Anywhere between 60-90 seconds would be ideal. Two-part questions are okay, too!
- Keep it clean. We won’t accept any submissions with disrespectful or vulgar language.
If we select your questions, we’ll air it. By submitting a question, you are agreeing to allow us to use your full, submitted audio clip on our podcast and in marketing the podcast and AWeber.
Ready to ask a question? Click the green button below!
Friendly Podcast Disclaimer: We like to include this little note on each episode’s post because we provide educational content and frequently interview guests on this podcast. The views and opinions of any podcast guest are their own, and does not necessarily reflect the views of AWeber. Marketing best practices and advice can change based on regulations, trends and market conditions. Therefore, any older episodes may contain information most relevant at the time of publication. We hope you enjoy!