Want to learn more? Join our weekly newsletter to get actionable content — to your inbox every Thursday.
What is a lead magnet?
A lead magnet is an incentive to encourage someone to join your email list. Something of value to your prospective subscriber this can be a variety of items including digital downloads or coupon codes.
How does a lead magnet work?
A prospect provides you with their contact information (name, email address, maybe phone number) and in exchange they get a valuable piece of content for free. They can use the content however they like, and you have their contact information. You can then market to them or reach out to make a sale.
How to create a lead magnet?
Lead magnets are a fantastic way to bring in quality leads who are likely already interested in the products or services your business offers. Here’s how to create one:
- Decide who you’re trying to reach with your lead magnet. Determine what information they may seek, where they find new products/services, and how they prefer to learn (video, graphics, books, etc.).
- Create a valuable piece of content. Base it on your research and your personal expertise.
- Create a landing page with a signup form to promote your lead magnet content.
- Create a second landing page where your content piece can be downloaded.
- Set up your form submission on the first page to redirect to the second page..
- Choose a platform to start advertising the lead magnet (social media, paid ads, etc.). Wait and watch as leads are added to your list.
What are some lead magnet ideas?
Depending on your business and audience, there are many opportunities to create valuable lead magnet content. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- To-do checklist
- Resource list
Grow your email list with lead magnets
Get Started with AWeber Free Today!