How to Make More Money as an AWeber Advocate
Here are a bunch of ways to make your first Advocate sale — and keep them rolling in.
By Jena Bagley July 11, 2016
You can make money by partnering with AWeber as an Advocate. All you have to do is set up your free Advocate membership (there’s no fee to sign up!), and then start referring businesses to us. For every sale you make with your unique Advocate link, you’ll receive 30% recurring commission and a monthly payment.
Ready to get started today? Here are a bunch of ways to make your first advocate sale — and keep them rolling in.
Write a Blog Post about AWeber
Have a blog? Then you have a fantastic platform to boost sales.
You can write about your own experience using AWeber. Just don’t be too “sale-sy.” Readers respond to personal stories, so weave in some of your own examples into the post.
Here are some topics you may want to explore:
- How to easily create beautiful emails using AWeber’s hundreds of design templates. (Which one is your go-to template? Why do you like it?)
- How to quickly send a professional-looking email with the Drag-and-Drop Email Builder. (Add buttons, logos, blocks of text, images, links, and more!)
- How to check your email marketing analytics on-the-go with AWeber’s mobile Stats app. (What’s your favorite part of the app?)
- How AWeber’s award-winning Customer Solutions team is available 24/7 to answer any question. (What email marketing questions have the Customer Solutions team answered for you lately? Was there an obstacle they helped you overcome?)
- How AWeber’s new features — like one-click automation and segmentation — are changing the way you email your subscribers (How have your open rates or click-through rates improved?)
Mention an AWeber Integration
You don’t have to focus solely on AWeber. You can also mention a third-party software integration that relates directly to your business or brand.
For example, if you have an Etsy store, you can integrate it with your list by using AWeber’s Etsy app. Then, you can write a post about how the integration has allowed you to automatically add customers to your AWeber account, so you can keep in contact with your customers and provide them with follow up email content.
You could also mention how easy it is to drag your Etsy products right into any message you create using AWeber’s Drag-and-Drop Email Builder. That way, you can point subscribers back to your shop.
AWeber is constantly adding new integrations to connect your email marketing with all the other tools that run your business — so there’s tons to write about. AWeber connects with popular apps like Facebook, WordPress, PayPal, MINDBODY, Disqus, ScheduleOnce, QuickBooks Online, Xero, ManyChat, Google Analytics, Google Calendar, Calendly, ShipStation, Zendesk, and hundreds more! Check them all out here.
Add an AWeber Banner Ad
Does a post about AWeber, email marketing, or integrations not make sense for your visitors? Even if your website’s content doesn’t directly mention AWeber, you can still generate awareness and clicks through an AWeber banner ad.
Your unique AWeber Advocate code is built into the banner, so anyone who signs up for a trial will still be credited to you (even if they sign up days later!). You can post one on your site by simply copying and pasting the code. (Here’s step-by-step directions on how to do it.)
Post on Social Media
Social media is another path to AWeber Advocate success.
Here are some examples of tweets:
- Hey fitness fans! Have you heard? AWeber now integrates with MINDBODY! [YourAdvocateLinkHere].
- Just got off the phone with Amanda from AWeber’s Customer Solutions team. I can’t thank her enough for helping me set up my first automated campaign. No wonder AWeber wins so many customer service awards! [YourAdvocateLinkHere]
- I was using a popular, “free” email service but it turns out a lot of my messages were never being delivered. AWeber solved that problem for me and still manages to charge less than the competition. #win [YourAdvocateLinkHere]
Your AWeber Advocate marketing doesn’t have to be digital. Local businesses — like bars, restaurants, gyms, law firms, tanning salons, hair salons, chambers of commerce, etc. — all need email marketing, too.
Explain to them the value of sending weekly specials, sale announcements, or event invitations through an email service provider (ESP) like AWeber. They can track subscribes, unsubscribes, potential customers, repeat buyers, open rates, and click-through rates. By automating their emails, they can also connect more deeply with their audience while focusing on other aspects of their business.
If they’re already using another ESP? They may not realize the benefits of AWeber. You can point out that many services cost more without actually offering more.
Or maybe they use a “free” provider, but their messages keep landing in the spam folder, and not the inbox. (Since AWeber’s start in 1998, we have worked diligently to ensure our deliverability is first class. Our full-time deliverability team maintains our own technology, equipment, and servers to ensure that your messages are sent at an industry-high delivery rate! We don’t outsource our sending, the most important function of any email marketing platform. We monitor every aspect of how your emails are sent around-the-clock, so you don’t have to worry about money left behind.)
Or their ESP doesn’t have great customer support. (AWeber’s Customer Solutions team is available by phone 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, and available via email or chat 24/7 — at no extra charge! Our Customer Solutions team is the best. Seriously. They’ve won multiple Stevie Awards, which are basically the Oscars of the customer service industry.)
Use an AWeber Advocate Badge
Whenever you send a message through your AWeber account, you can add a badge — like the one below — through a WordPress widget to the footer of your message. It’s a great way to “soft promote” AWeber without any hard selling. If anyone clicks and signs up, you get the credit!
You can start employing these tactics to make more money as an AWeber Advocate today! If you still feel stuck or if you ever have any questions or suggestions regarding AWeber’s Advocate program at all, feel free to send me an email. I’m always happy to help!