Connecting Kickbox + AWeber to Maintain a Healthy Email List
The following is a guest blog post written by Jessica Martinez, the marketing whiz-bang over at Kickbox, a company that helps email marketers improve their email reputation by separating low-quality email addresses from high-value contacts. She is responsible for digital branding, engagement and content creation for the Dallas-based startup. Before Jessica got snatched up by email verification powerhouse, Kickbox, she earned her marketing stripes working at a leading ecommerce beauty brand for over a decade.
Email remains the best channel for getting a great return on investment. According to many digital marketing experts, that’s not going to change anytime soon. That said, if you use email marketing, you’re probably busy strategizing and dreaming up clever campaigns to increase conversions and build your email list.
After all, effective list building is at the core of any good email marketing strategy.
But are you taking it too far?
Signs you might be an email hoarder.
Just as you can collect and save mass amounts of anything, it’s also possible to hold on to subscribers in your email list. Not sure if you’re hoarding emails? Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you obsess over the number of subscribers on your list?
- Do you find yourself boasting about the size of your email list to friends or colleagues?
- When someone unsubscribes from your list do you cringe and/or feel a sense of pain?
- When you get a new subscriber do you experience a euphoric feeling?
- Does the thought of parting with any of the email addresses on your list make you ill?
If you’ve answered “YES” to any of these questions, then you might be an email hoarder.
While a large subscribe list doesn’t necessarily mean you are hoarding emails, if you are focused solely on building your list and/or have never consider clearing out the clutter, your good intentions can quickly get out of hand. Email hoarding happens slowly over time, and many marketers don’t even realize they have a problem until it’s too late – which occurs when they notice any of the following:
- High Bounce Rates – Bounce rates approaching 10%
- High Volume of Business Emails – B2B lists tend to degrade faster than B2C lists.
- Old Lists – The older the list, the greater the risk.
- Poor Email Performance – Your emails are not converting like they used to.
- Warning from ESP – Your ESP will suspend or block your account if you have too many bounces or invalid email addresses before putting their own network at risk.
Thankfully, however, there’s a cure.
Kickbox, the cure for a cluttered email list.
No one is pointing fingers. We’ve all been guilty of email hoarding at some point in our marketing careers. However, you should understand that list building without routine list maintenance can have serious ramifications.
All email addresses are not created equal. People change jobs, change names, switch email providers, use fake or disposable addresses, hit the wrong keys or buttons, you name it. But when that happens, it can prevent your emails from getting into the inbox.
Additionally, a list riddled with incorrect data can damage your sender reputation and negatively impact email performance. Here’s the general rule for maintaining subscriber lists for both B2C and B2B business owners:
- B2B lists should be cleansed every 6 months due to high turnover.
- B2C lists should be cleansed at least once a year.
So where does Kickbox fit in?
Kickbox is a list cleaning powerhouse that allows AWeber users to check the health of their email lists and identify the good, the bad and the ugly email addresses lurking in their database. The seamless integration lets you easily pass data back and forth between AWeber and the Kickbox app to help you clear the clutter in a matter of minutes.
Kickbox will provide you with a plethora of data about each email address, letting you know if the address is Deliverable, Undeliverable, Risky – even Disposable, Accept All, Role, and Free.
They also provide an additional metric, called the Sendex™ Score, which allows you to further rank the quality of each email address based on their proprietary scoring system.
Armed with this data, you can make informed, stress-free decisions about which emails to keep, which emails you should ditch, plus you can segment to your heart’s content.
Kickbox + AWeber
To see how connecting Kickbox with your AWeber account can help you easily maintain your email list, check out the video below:
Ready to give Kickbox a try? Log in to your account now to get started.