FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Brandyn Bissinger
AWeber and 60 Second Marketer Present the Top 7 Tips to Boost Your Mobile Marketing Campaign in 2014
(Mobile Marketing Research Report and Action Plan Revealed)
Chalfont, Pa. June 18, 2014 – AWeber, the global email marketing software company, teamed up with the 60 Second Marketer and surveyed more than 300 businesses from around the globe to learn about their mobile marketing habits, objectives, obstacles and plans for the future.
The research identified trends and norms in mobile marketing among small, mid-size and large companies.
“If you need help putting together a mobile campaign, this research is going to help you do just that,” said AWeber’s CMO, Erik Harbison. “The information and resources included will give you a deeper understanding of mobile marketing and help you maximize your mobile marketing efforts.”
These top seven tips will help businesses with the planning, launching and running a mobile campaign:
- Lead Generation is Top Priority: What’s the primary objective for a mobile marketing campaign? 66% of the marketers surveyed, said their main objective was to generate leads. Only 11% said their primary objective was to build brand awareness.
- Marketers Find Mobile Confusing: If you find mobile marketing confusing, you’re not alone – our research indicates the number 1 reason marketers struggle to get started in mobile marketing is because the complexity of the platform. (For a solution to this, see the mobile marketing decision tree on the AWeber blog.)
- Mobile Websites are the Most Important Platform: 55% of those surveyed said a mobile optimized website was their most important mobile marketing platform. 12% said mobile display/banner ads were the most important and 10% said SMS and/or MMS was most important.
- Calculating ROI is Still a Mystery: Surprisingly, only 32% of those surveyed can calculate the ROI of their mobile marketing campaigns with any degree of certainty. 38% said they could not calculate the ROI of their mobile campaigns.
- Mobile Websites and Display on the Rise, While QR Codes Lose Steam: When asked which mobile tools were likely to see an increase in usage in the future, mobile websites and mobile display were ranked #1 and #2 respectively. QR codes were the tools most likely to see a decrease in usage in the future.
- Increased Web Traffic Seen as Key Benefit: 29% of those surveyed see an increase in web traffic as the single greatest benefit of mobile marketing. 25% reported that increased exposure was the single greatest benefit.
- Marketers Thirst for Knowledge About Mobile: When asked which mobile marketing tools respondents wanted to know more about, responses can be summarized in one simple phrase: “all of them.”
“In the end, the most important thing you should know about mobile marketing is that it requires taking action,” said 60 Second Marketer’s CEO, Jamie Turner. “Sitting on the sidelines simply isn’t an option anymore, given the fact that consumers now spend more time on their mobile devices than they do on their PCs.”
To view the full report, visit 60secondmarketer.com/MobileResearch.html. The report also features a quick start action plan that gives businesses nine important steps to take to ensure they’re getting the most from their mobile marketing campaigns.
You can also view an infographic of the four key mobile marketing takeaways of the research on 60 Second Marketer’s blog.
AWeber, headquartered in Chalfont, Pa., helps more than 120,000 businesses, entrepreneurs and bloggers increase sales and profits through its suite of web-based email marketing software. The privately held company was founded in 1998. For more information, visit aweber.com, subscribe to the AWeber blog, or follow on Twitter and Facebook.
About 60 Second Marketer
The 60 Second Marketer is an online magazine that provides tools, tips and tutorials for marketers around the globe. It is the official blog of 60 Second Communications, a marketing communications firm that creates ROI-based marketing campaigns for some of the world’s best-known and most loved brands.