[Podcast] Episode 35: Successful Marketing Systems for Business Owners with Jon Butt
By Tom Tate August 16, 2016
Do you run the show?
Being a business owner is not easy. Marketing trends are constantly changing, your audience’s attention is getting harder to capture, and you need to keep on selling to keep on keeping on.
Luckily, the web is full of digital mentors to help guide us along the way. One such mentor is Jon Butt, who has built and sold many online businesses. Now, he’s developed a successful resource site, blog and podcast to help owners market their business in the digital age. Jon’s site Marketing for Owners is a phenomenal resource for business owners looking to grow with marketing.
In this episode, we discuss how Jon establishes marketing systems to grow his businesses, success tips for business owners and why most people are missing the mark with their marketing.
Listen in as we discuss:
- How Jon got his start selling fire extinguishers
- The five questions that every business owner must answer to be truly successful
- Why most people miss the mark on marketing
- Developing marketing ‘systems’ to help you grow your business
- The 7 P’s, or the Perpetual Sales Cycle
- Ways to make the most of a lead magnet with a strong autoresponder series
- How to encourage repeat buyers with email marketing
- … and much more!
Here are the links mentioned during the show:
- Jon on Twitter
- Marketing for Owners
- Jon’s Free Marketing Course
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Johns recommendation: Built to Sell by John Warrillow
Click here to download this episode directly. (MP3)
Ask Us Anything
Have a question about email marketing? Leave us a message at aweber.com/podcast.
Jon8/18/2016 3:31 pm
I seriously enjoyed being interviewed by Tom. Great questions.
Tom Tate8/22/2016 10:39 am
Absolutely! Thanks for coming on the show, Jon. Great answers 🙂