[Podcast] Episode 005: What types of pop up forms have the highest conversion rates?
By Tom Tate January 12, 2016
It’s time once again for another episode of the Ask
It’s time once again for another episode of the Ask Me About Email Marketing podcast!
This week’s question comes from Nick Jervis, of Your Website Genie, who is curious what pop up styles are most effective according to our data.
Despite my promise to seek out a different email marketing expert for each question, I selfishly decided to answer this question myself. I couldn’t help it, as conversion rate optimization is an area of interest for me.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why I’m reluctant to answer this question with just data
- Different styles of pop ups, how to trigger them, and when to use them
- Two pop up alternatives to test, which may create a more welcome user experience
- The importance of testing your forms and site
Listen below to hear my response.
Here are a few notable links from the show:
We’ve also written some great content on the subject:
- Download Our Pop Up Optimization Guide
- 8 Ways to Improve Your Call-to-Action Copy to Get More Subscribers
- 4 Easy Tips for Turning Your Sign Up Form Into a Subscriber Magnet
- Quick Tips Video: 3 Tips for Building a Sign Up Form that Gets Subscribers
Want to be on the show? Here’s how you can participate:
- Use the widget below to record and send us a question about email marketing.
- We’ll select a question from the submission pool and track down one of our in-house email marketing experts to provide an answer.
- We’ll record their response, package it up with your question and release it as a new podcast episode each week. Plus, each episode will include bonus resources to help you level up your email marketing.
There are so many topics to explore in email marketing. So if you’re struggling with design, content, analytics or just getting started, leave us a message with a specific question and we’ll start answering!
A few notes on submitting:
- Introduce yourself, and your business/email marketing venture. Please don’t share any spammy URLs.
- Keep your question brief. Anywhere between 60-90 seconds would be ideal. Two-part questions are okay, too!
- Keep it clean. We won’t accept any submissions with disrespectful or vulgar language.
If we select your questions, we’ll air it. By submitting a question, you are agreeing to allow us to use your full, submitted audio clip on our podcast and in marketing the podcast and AWeber.
Ready to ask a question? Click the green button below!
Friendly Podcast Disclaimer: We like to include this little note on each episode’s post because we provide educational content and frequently interview guests on this podcast. The views and opinions of any podcast guest are their own, and does not necessarily reflect the views of AWeber. Marketing best practices and advice can change based on regulations, trends and market conditions. Therefore, any older episodes may contain information most relevant at the time of publication. We hope you enjoy!