Clickbank Autoresponder and Follow Up Integration
By Justin Premick December 8, 2006
By redirecting your Clickbank buyers to an opt-in form for your customer list, you can have them add to your AWeber autoresponder
and follow up with them post-purchase. Detailed instructions on how to integrate Clickbank and AWeber.
Update: The tutorial in this article is out of date. Refer to our knowledge base article for up to date instructions on how to integrate AWeber with Clickbank.
[This article is one of a series of AWeber integration articles that we are posting. To see all of them, please visit the Articles and Tips category.]
Following up with customers after they purchase is a critical part of the sales process. This communication helps foster trust and loyalty from people who have already purchased from you.
By redirecting your Clickbank buyers to an opt-in form for your customer list, you can have them add to your AWeber autoresponder account.
This Can Be Used To:
- Send post purchase email to customers
- Send out purchased information products automatically
- Up-sell your customers using email
- Send customer newsletters, etc
Integrating AWeber with Clickbank – Step By Step
Download a PDF of this article or follow the steps below.
A. Create AWeber Opt-In Form For Your Customers
- Login to your AWeber account at https://www.aweber.com/login.htm
- Choose the appropriate list from the “Select List” dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of the page
- Click the “Leads” tab, then the “Web Form Generator” link
- Click “Create New Web Form”
- Create your Web Form using the Web Form Generator
- After you save your form, you’ll be taken to the main Web Form Generator page. There, click the “Get HTML” link, and copy the form HTML from the popup that appears
B. Place Web Form on Your Website
You now need to place the form onto a page of your site so that your customers can fill it out after purchase. Typically this will be a page of your site that is not linked to from any other pages, so that only your customers can access it.
If you are unsure how to create that web page, or how to place the form HTML onto it, please refer to your web host or website editing software for assistance.
C. Create Product in Clickbank
You now will create a product in your Clickbank account and tell Clickbank to redirect customers to the web page where you placed the AWeber web form. This way, after they pay you, your customers can sign up to your list.
Login to your account at http://www.clickbank.com/login.htm
- Click the “Account Settings” tab at the top of the page
- Click the “My Products” link just below that tab
On this page is a section labeled “Add a New Product”
- In the field labeled “Delivery “Thank-you page” URL”, enter the address of your web page where you have placed the AWeber form
- Set the price of the product in the next field and click “Submit”
- Complete the other Clickbank steps for creating a product
Now, when someone purchases your product through Clickbank, they will be redirected to your customer opt-in form and can submit the email address where they want to receive your updates, customer newsletter or other information!
If you have any questions about this, or anything else about your account, please contact our customer support team. We have real, live people ready to assist you.
Monday – Friday, 7AM – 7PM Eastern time
Saturday, 9AM – 5PM Eastern time
Toll Free: 1-800-531-5065 or +1 215-322-2408
Live text chat:
Anywhere on the AWeber site – just click the “Live Support” icon!