Podcast: The +s and -s of Google+ for Your Email Campaign
It’s the new Facebook. It’s better than Facebook. It can’t possibly compete with Facebook. There are plenty of conflicting opinions out there about how Google+ compares to existing social networks.
Google+ is a brand new social network that’s been generating some online buzz for several weeks now. Google is testing their new network’s features and membership is still invite-only right now. But as it gets closer to a public release, it’s time to start thinking about how Google+ might fit into your online marketing mix.
We at AWeber have our own opinions on Google’s foray into social networking. Listen to Jay, Andrew and I discuss our thoughts on Google’s new social network and what it means for your content marketing and email marketing efforts.
Listen and Learn
In the new podcast episode, we talk about what Google+ is (for the uninitiated), how it compares to Facebook and Twitter, and how you can use its features to extend the reach of your marketing campaign.
We cover these topics in-depth to give you a clear picture of what Google+ could do for your small business:
- How Google+ makes it easy to share online content (like your emails!) from all over the web
- The strengths of Google+ features compared to Facebook and Twitter
- Ideas for segmenting your customers with Circles
- What Sparks and the +1 button are and how they can make your content more visible
- How Google’s new toolbar makes it easy to share any kind of content from your Gmail inbox, Google Docs, Google search results, Google Maps and other Google services
- The future of Google+. Will it last? Will it vanish in 6 months? Will it fill a new niche that Facebook and Twitter don’t?
…plus a whole lot more.
Does Google+ have a future for content marketers? Tune in to find out!
Keep The Conversation Going
Are you planning to integrate Google+ into your online marketing strategy? Have you thought about using Circles for segmenting or hosting a Hangout with your customers? Can you think of other ways Google+ fits into your email marketing that we didn’t cover in our podcast? Keep the discussion going below!
And don’t forget about our other podcasts available in iTunes! Recent episodes include:
- How Email Can Improve Your Customer Services
- Good Thank You Pages
- Email Footer Mistakes
- Do Subscribers Like Your Emails?
…and plenty more discussions and tips on optimizing your email campaign.